Something isn’t right – your dishwasher is making a funny chunka-chunka-bang-chunka noise or the fridge isn’t keeping things cold enough or the oven seems to have been possessed by a malevolent spirit. It’s time for a repair call.
For anyone who’s heard about or – worse still – lived through an appliance repair horror story, that can be a scary thought. Appliance repair companies are decidedly NOT created equal. Before you invite anyone into your home to repair your appliances, there are some things you should know.
- How long has this company been in business? Are they even legit? Do they have a real street address and land line or a post office box and cell phone number? Are they certified and endorsed by the appliance manufacturer?
- How long has the repairman been servicing appliances and especially the brand of your appliance? Is he familiar with all the different models or will your home be his training ground?
- How easy is it to get ahold of the repair company? Do they return calls promptly? Can you speak to a real person or do you have to keep pressing the number buttons on the phone to work your way through an endless pre-recorded menu?
- Does he carefully examine the appliance to determine what’s wrong or does he just toss off a line like “Sounds like you need a new left handed framistan rotator cuff”?
- Will he tell you upfront what the problem is and how much the repair is going to cost before he takes your appliance apart or will the bill be a nasty surprise?
- Does the repairman keep his training current on the latest models and advances or is he still trying to repair newer appliances using years-old technology?
- Does the repairman have replacement parts in his truck ready to install in your appliance or will you have to tolerate having your appliance unusable and in pieces while you wait for him to order parts in?
- Is the repairman willing and able to give you maintenance tips that will help you avoid future repairs?
- Is he willing to come to your home when you need him or will you have to put up with an appliance out of commission for an extended period while you wait for him to work you in?
- Does he give you a service window of when he’ll arrive or will you have to rearrange your life to hang around waiting all day?
- Is he who you think he is? Some appliance repair companies farm repair work out to subcontractors so when you’ve called one company, a repairman from a totally different company shows up on your doorstep.
- Does he have all the equipment he needs to properly service your appliance or will you have to suffer delays while he tries to locate that special tool?
- Is the repair company concerned with your needs? Are they interested in getting your appliance up and running or are you just another service call on the list?
- Is he going to protect your appliance and surrounds while he works or are you going to have to worry about whether he’ll wipe the parts with your best dishtowel while he grinds debris into your floor with his boots?
- Does he present with a clean and professional appearance or will you have to avert your eyes from a view of “plumber butt”?
- Does he have repeat customers or is one experience with him enough for anyone?
Your appliances are a big investment. Protect that investment with a repair company that provides fast, friendly, professional, and competent service. Get a repairman with experience with your brand, one that’s “seen it all” and knows just what to do to get your appliance up and running at its peak performance as quickly as possible and at the lowest possible cost to you. Call someone who is going to treat you and your property with respect, and who is going to follow up to make sure you’re happy with the repair.
You can have it all with C&W Appliance Service. Call us today at (855) 358-1496 or (214) 358-1496 for all your appliance repair and maintenance.